Thursday, March 6, 2008

When Are We Good Enough

As a certified parent coach and a mom of three children of my own, the question always comes up "am I good parent?" "Why don't I trust myself and what if I am doing it all wrong!" Unfortunately, we don't come with a handbook for how to parent and as different as you and I are, so are each of our kids.

Over the years, I have found I was much harder on my oldest son than I am on my younger two. I guess it could be mainly because their temperments and styles are each different. My oldest son is driven, persistent, overbearing at times; all the qualities I am pleased he will have as an adult, but sometimes it works against us and in my human moments, I am sometimes left questioning myself too. My younger children don't test the boundaries as much so it would appear they don't tempt fate as often.

We do the best we know how to do at the time and the greatest gift we can give ourselves is the gift of trusting our skills and when we think we are doing it all wrong, remember we were given our children for a reason and all we can do is love ourselves enough to trust the outcome!

No comments:


Tara Paterson

Tara Paterson

A certified coach for parents of intuitives and the co-author of the book- Raising Intuitive Children (New Page Books, '09), Tara Paterson is raising 4 highly intuitive children with her husband. She is a corporate spokesperson, a syndicated columnist, parent advisor, and author of 100 plus parenting and spiritual articles.

Tara is available for private coaching, presentations, lectures, and workshops. Contact Tara at parentcoach@justformom.com or visit JustForMom.com