Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Parenting Well Using Your Intuition

We become dependent on too many resources outside of ourselves for guidance on parenting. We look to the latest books, advice from experts, family, friends, church, community, web sites, media, etc. What about finding your own inner knowing about how to parent your child? It is my intention to empower you as a parent to trust your feelings and intuition when it comes to raising your child.

I have always taken my role as a mom seriously. I have three children- a son (10), a son (6), and a daughter (2) and have been married for eleven years. It was important for me to be at home with my children, because it was the experience I had growing up and one I valued. I knew however, I needed to find a way to keep my heart’s passion burning or what would I have when my kid’s grew up and left home? I believe it’s much harder for parents to allow their children to grow naturally into who they are meant to become when they haven’t yet figured it out for themselves.

Through receiving my parent coach certification, I became aware of how much of our parenting style we inherit from our own parents without fully realizing some of the techniques we use are outdated for the time in which we live. This is where our intuition becomes vital in how we interact with our children. By uncovering some of the clutter we have carried over from our own upbringing, we can become fully present to the feeling or nudge within ourselves which act as a guide for how to parent our child. By using the techniques I will share in the coming weeks, I hope to empower each parent to create connected and loving families, while strengthening their own inner knowing about how to handle each situation they find themselves in with their child.

Enjoy! ~ Tara Paterson, ACPI CCPI, 2008

No comments:


Tara Paterson

Tara Paterson

A certified coach for parents of intuitives and the co-author of the book- Raising Intuitive Children (New Page Books, '09), Tara Paterson is raising 4 highly intuitive children with her husband. She is a corporate spokesperson, a syndicated columnist, parent advisor, and author of 100 plus parenting and spiritual articles.

Tara is available for private coaching, presentations, lectures, and workshops. Contact Tara at parentcoach@justformom.com or visit JustForMom.com