Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Intuitive Recall

I have always been a very sensitive person. As a child, I can remember reference to it as though there was something wrong with me- "oh, you're so sensitive or too sensitive," or "you don't have to make such a big deal about everything..."

Can you remember people saying things like this to you?

I guess when these things are said to you enough; you begin to shut down the sensitive- feeling side of yourself, because it hurts too much.

It wasn't until I became a parent and realized my own children's sensitivities that I began to discover this is a very real part of some people's core being, it's who we are. It's actually what being intuitive in this world means for us- being sensitive and not being understood by the world around us. So I would start by discarding things that were said to me and made a vow not to say such things to my kids. I made the commitment to become an intuitive parent for my children- one they could trust and be who they were meant to be with.

I recall several experiences when I was a child of being accused of lying. It devastated me as a child, because I was not a liar and most often was accused of being dishonest at times I wasn't doing anything wrong. When my oldest son was around the age of 7, I can remember accusing him of lying about something while he emphatically stated he wasn't lying and it occurred to me- I was doing to him exactly what was done to me! So I apologized to him and we had a conversation about how the same thing had been done to me and I made a commitment not to do it to him. Big points for mom let me tell you!

If you remember some of these experiences from your own childhood, I welcome you to share your stories with this intuitive blog. You're not alone and together we can bring consciousness to parenting by using our intuition.

© 2008 by Tara Paterson, ACPI CCPI
All Rights Reserved

No comments:


Tara Paterson

Tara Paterson

A certified coach for parents of intuitives and the co-author of the book- Raising Intuitive Children (New Page Books, '09), Tara Paterson is raising 4 highly intuitive children with her husband. She is a corporate spokesperson, a syndicated columnist, parent advisor, and author of 100 plus parenting and spiritual articles.

Tara is available for private coaching, presentations, lectures, and workshops. Contact Tara at parentcoach@justformom.com or visit JustForMom.com