Thursday, September 17, 2009

No New Intuitive Updates?

It's been a while since I last posted an article to my blog. SO much has happened and yet the intuitive nudges have seemed dull.. I guess that's what we all think until we've moved beyond them.

In early June, I discovered I had lost interest in doing much that involved my time outside of my home. At the end of July, I went on another one of my whirlwind media tours and traveled all over the place for the better part of 4 weeks. Amidst my travels, my husband and I made a huge decision that would forever alter the future of our lives. We decided to move back home! We had been living in Virginia for over 8 years; raised our boys there for most of their lives (Adam spent 2/3's of his life there and Caden all but 7 weeks), and had our two girls in Virginia. What were we thinking?

So many things had to be figured out and I was gone most of the month leading up to the big move! The decision was made whether consciously or not. Things were lining up effortlessly and all of our needs to support the transition were falling into place. I couldn't believe that after all of these years we were going to be crazy enough to move back to NY. It doesn't help that I hate cold weather, A LOT!

The funny thing about the whole decision was that it was done entirely through intuition. For many years I have been aware that as the shifts in energy intensified, we would be moved where we would need to be. Early in the spring, I could feel the edges of our world slowly being uprooted. I fought the idea b/c even considering a move, would disrupt our oldest son Adam's world of baseball. For three years he had been playing on a wonderful travel team and had shown so much progress with both talent and ability; the thought of disrupting him (not to mention he is an adolescent in middle school) was not something I would even consider doing. I shared this with a woman at a convention in May and she told me "as soon as your husband makes a decision to allow the shift, your son will follow suit." And the longing I had to go home, wasn't leaving either.

Mid July, we came back for my cousin's high school graduation. My aunt and uncle, who were visiting from Florida (whom I hadn't seen since my dad passed nearly four years ago), were here and all of our relatives. The longing continued. I knew this would be the make it or break it trip. Its one thing to want to go home from a distance, but another thing when it sticks with you after a visit. Leaving NY, I had tears, b/c I truly wanted to move my kids back to a life we grew up with; one where you spend your weekends at the lake, play flashlight tag at night, attend every Varsity football game during the season, enjoy great burgers and ice cream (let's not forget pizza...mmmm).. the list goes on and I felt my kids weren't experiencing those same things.

I slowly began to share my feelings about the move with Chris. At first he was indignant- "I am not moving back to NY." Each night on our walk, I would remind him that all of our friends and family lived there; we would have a great support system and I recalled a friend of a friend whose son played on a travel baseball team (although I wasn't sure of his age). I also brought up our friend who is suffering from a fatal illness, but who would be traveling to India for stem cell transplants and how his wife and kids would need extra support. I felt we needed to be there to offer it. He was slowly beginning to see my point, but I think the real clincher was Derek leaving for India and their need for support. Chris confirmed the cookout we had with all of our friends before we left NY was what really tugged at his heart strings. It just so happens the cookout was at Shelly and Derek's house and when I added our being there to help when he left for India, that somewhat locked in the decision. From that point on he was on board and over board...LOL.

Julie was right that when Chris made the decision, Adam would be on board, b/c when we asked him if he wanted to move back home, there was no hesitation. And if you're wondering what Caden's response was, "I want to move back mom because that's where grandpa lived."

Everything began to line up. We found the perfect house in the school district we wanted; we found Adam a travel team he made on his first tryout; everything was proving effortless (with the exception of how long it took to actually move!).

When I began this I said my intuition had felt dull, but in retrospect my intuition lead us to all of the changes we've made in less than three months. Although it took us a few weeks to adjust to being back from pure exhaustion, the kids are thriving in school and we are back home. The connection is so much deeper, even though we have been gone, than it ever was the 8 plus years we spent in Northern VA. Although I loved every moment of living in VA, I now believe we are headed back to the strongest connection we have to the planet as things continue to change and shift. The feeling is one of safety and security; the place we chose to make our entrance into the world. It's almost as though we never left and even Adam feels a stronger connection to being here.

I asked him one day if any of the kids liked the Redskins and he said "I don't know." I said well its your team b/c you're from there and he said- "no mom, I am from NY." Another good friend of mine once told me (when we were discussing what a move like this would be like for a middle schooler)her daughter had said to her at one point later in life she wished her mom had moved her into another school when she was about this age. We sometimes think we are making the right decision because of the perception we have about a situation, but what I noticed for my son is he didn't really feel as comfortable in his skin as I knew he should be. I'm glad we made the change and I followed my intuition.

All is well...

3 comments:

SEO Expert said...

I keep want to start this comment with ‘great’ or ‘fantastic’ or ‘awesome’ but none of these seems strong enough, or appropriate enough for what you just posted.It's mind blowing post thanks for sharing it :)

Unknown said...

A Coach handbags always provides that beacon of light in the darkness. A Coach Wristlet helps you to get clear and say what you really want. Even when you think that you don't know! She helps to clear away the noise and distraction. A Coach Ergo has the wisdom to see a BIGGER and GREATER you. She has vision to see your potential and ability even when you can't see it and you're stuck in your shrinky-ness. A Coach Luggage keeps you accountable. You have someone to answer to. She helps you to make and keep promises with yourself.

Anonymous said...

ED clothing
for Women - This has the design of a short sleeve t-shirt, but with a long sleeve coming out from under the upper sleeve to stretch to the wrist with a snug feel and look. The long sleeves have a colored sheer fabric and tattoo art to give a slight appearance of an all-over-the-arm tattoo, but of course without the tattoo. The ED Hardy Shoes
length is below the hips and hugs the upper body without having a "too tight" look. Colors available for the hardy shirt
for Women include Plum, Pink, Yellow and Black - each color has its own unique design featuring a hardy shirt
design.


Tara Paterson

Tara Paterson

A certified coach for parents of intuitives and the co-author of the book- Raising Intuitive Children (New Page Books, '09), Tara Paterson is raising 4 highly intuitive children with her husband. She is a corporate spokesperson, a syndicated columnist, parent advisor, and author of 100 plus parenting and spiritual articles.

Tara is available for private coaching, presentations, lectures, and workshops. Contact Tara at parentcoach@justformom.com or visit JustForMom.com