Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Parenting Intuitive Children

What does a parent say to their intuitive child when they say things like- “mommy I see colors in my room,” or “I see colors around people and sometimes they are coming at me?” These are exactly the things my son Caden has been saying to me since the age of three. I remember sitting in his room with him at night and he would tell me how he could see colors moving around and how they would either enter or leave his room. They never seemed to scare him, but he wasn’t exactly sure why they were there. As an intuitive myself, I would simply reply with “they are angels honey,” and I would explain how different angels represented different colors based on the particular energy they were made up of. I would also ask him questions such as “do they frighten you?” or “do they make you feel good?” and often he would respond with how they made him feel safe. He wasn’t ever frightened, but it was the first of many experiences I would have as an intuitive parent and later a coach for parents of intuitives as my journey into the spiritual realm began to unfold. It also reflected back a memory I had long since forgotten about in my own youth of also seeing colors dance around on my ceiling at night.

So how does this intuitive gift evolve as a child gets older and is affected by the outside world? Stay tuned as Caden begins to see colors around other people.

©2008 by Tara Paterson, ACPI CCPI, All Rights Reserved
co-author- Raising Intuitive Children (New Page Books, spring '09)

No comments:


Tara Paterson

Tara Paterson

A certified coach for parents of intuitives and the co-author of the book- Raising Intuitive Children (New Page Books, '09), Tara Paterson is raising 4 highly intuitive children with her husband. She is a corporate spokesperson, a syndicated columnist, parent advisor, and author of 100 plus parenting and spiritual articles.

Tara is available for private coaching, presentations, lectures, and workshops. Contact Tara at parentcoach@justformom.com or visit JustForMom.com